All ingredients can be sourced locally at the Portland Farmer’s market!
1 bunch of chard, leaves stripped from stems, stems chopped and diced, leaves julienned
3 oz feta cheese, crumbled
1/2 large onion, diced
2 cloves garlic, squished
- sautée the diced onions and card stems until soft, add garlic and stir around another minute, add the julienned chard leaves and cook until limp and fragrant. not too long - the chard should still be vibrantly green
- break 6 eggs into a bowl and stir up with a fork, add the feta crumbles, a few grinds of pepper and 1/2 teaspoon of salt'
- add the cooked onions and chard to the eggs and stir it all up together
- tip the mess into a 9” olive-oiled cast iron frying pan on medium heat - it should sizzle.
- Cook on medium heat until the eggs pull away a bit for the sides. The top middle may still be a bit liquid.
- transfer under a broiler and watch carefully until done. You could grate some parmesan on the top before so it browns up a bit.
***Other sprinkles to go on top: za’atar, sumac, and/or my signature blend of toasted cumin, hot red pepper flakes and home-oven-dried tomatoes pulverized in a vitamix.